Business professionals today need to be able to influence others. They need to be able to filter trends, data, and results in order to help internal and external executives edit the voluminous amount of information crossing their desks and stymieing their decision making. Yet, influencing others isn’t easy.
With Impact Communications’ Communicating with Influence, your team will learn the strategies and techniques necessary to focus their listeners on what matters and ultimately change behavior.
Specifically, participants will:
- Discover the key factors that affect influence.
- Understand their listener’s world, their communication style and their key concerns.
- Anchor their conversation to critical issues.
- Guide people toward adaptation of an idea by rational means.
- Demonstrate expertise by identifying trends, patterns, outcomes, probabilities and other key performance indicators.
- Build rapport by displaying confidence and conviction in their body language.
- Show concern for your listener’s opinions through intentional listening.
- Respond to objections in a non defensive manner.
- Open and close in a way that immediately engages the listener and clarifies next steps.
- Eliminate distracting behaviors that would undermine their credibility.
Who should attend?
Anyone needing to influence others
Anyone speaking to those more senior than themselves
Anyone speaking to an outside customer
Seven to eight video tapings
Individual and peer coaching
Seasoned, experienced consultants
Workbooks with practice exercises
Follow up monthly e-newsletters
Pre and Post Class surveys